Consent for Collection, Use, and Disclosure
A customer may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use, and disclosure at any time. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, StreetSmartLawyer may suspend its provision of products and services to you. When you unsubscribe, if you fall within the guarantee period for any StreetSmartLawyer product or service and you request a refund, the guarantee will be honored. For information on our guarantees and refund policy please see http://www.StreetSmartLawyer.com/TermsofService/.
At the time of your registration and your sign-on this website, StreetSmartLawyer collects certain “personal information” (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, credit card information, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
StreetSmartLawyer collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
- To understand customer needs regarding StreetSmartLawyer’s services;
- To fulfill your requests for products, services, or information;
- To communicate with customers and site visitors when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades as well as of other products and services available from StreetSmartLawyer, its affiliates, and third parties;
- To allow customers to access limited-entry areas of StreetSmartLawyer’s site;
- To personalize some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from StreetSmartLawyer and third parties;
- To bill accounts and maintain payment records;
- To comply with any applicable law, regulations, legal process, or government requests;
- To respond to a legitimate claim or to address a reasonable belief that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the StreetSmartLawyer website or any StreetSmartLawyer product or service;
- To protect the services, products, or rights of StreetSmartLawyer, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the StreetSmartLawyer website; and
- To identify and resolve technical problems concerning StreetSmartLawyer’s website, products, and services.
StreetSmartLawyer does not sell, rent, or disclose your personal information to anyone except StreetSmartLawyer’s employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers, and agents acting on StreetSmartLawyer’s behalf.
What are cookies/clear GIFs and how do we use them?
Cookies: Like many other commercial sites, StreetSmartLawyer’s website utilizes standard technologies called “cookies” and clear GIFs to collect information about how the website is used. A cookie is a small data text file, which a website stores on your computer’s hard drive (if your web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us. Cookies were designed to help a website recognize a user’s browser as a previous visitor and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set while the user was browsing the site. A cookie cannot be read by a website other than the one that set the cookie. A cookie cannot pass on a computer virus or capture any of the Personally Identifiable Information that resides on your computer.
Clear GIFs: At times, we work with third-party service partners that employ clear GIFs (also known as pixel tags, single pixel GIFs, web beacons, or action tags) for our benefit to help us measure advertising effectiveness. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of our users. The main difference between the two is that clear GIFs are invisible on the page, are much smaller, and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Clear GIFs are not tied to your Personally Identifiable Information and only track the visitor traffic and behavior to and on this website.
Clear GIFs can “work with” existing cookies on a computer if they are both from the same website or advertising company. That means, for example, that if a person visited “www.companyX.com,” which uses an advertising company’s clear GIF, the website would match the clear GIFs identifier and the advertising company’s cookie ID number, to show the past online behavior for that computer. This collected information can be shared with the advertising company. We do, at times, provide such information to our third-party advertising service partners, but that information can only be used by our partner for our benefit and never includes personally identifiable information.
How do we store your information?
Your information is stored in a database and at the list server that delivers the emails for StreetSmartLawyer. You can remove yourself at any time from our email list by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of each email. You can also contact us to change your information at any time.
Law Firm Profit Systems, LLC
414 Hamilton Blvd., Suite 100
Peoria, IL 61602
E-mail: Contact Us